Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Taylor Swift

"In response to the Taylor Swift article we read and discussed about in class, what is one song that means something to you? Is it by your favorite artist? Analyze the lyrics (if there are any). When listening to the song, what images come to mind? Why?"

After reading the Taylor Swift article I still feel the same way about her as I did before. Although I do agree and disagree with some things that were said in the article. True, her songs aren't all that meaningful but they're fun. She's young and most of her songs are listened by young teenagers as well who can relate to her. Although the author says all she sings about love and what not, how many other artists are there who do the same thing? I feel like 75% of songs are about love, boys and the same kind of stufff that Taylor talks about. One of my favorite songs that means something to me is Learn to Live by Darius Rucker. Although he's not my favorite artist, I think this song sends a really important message on the way you live your life. I love country music and I think most of the time, it's very meaningful and doesn't talk about sex, drugs and etc.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you too. I really appreciate country music; more specifically country that has a pop-ish edge. They're songs are really pure and don't talk about drugs and alcohol and what not like most other songs modern artists do. Swift's songs are fun to listen to and understand. All of the points you make here make a lot of sense; mainly because the points you make are similar to mines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darius Rucker is awesome. I really really like Hootie and The Blowfish, and so when i heard he was going to release a country album, i was skeptical because the two forms of music are very dissimilar, but yeah, his country music is badass too. doesn't relate to the article at all, but eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, her music is just fun and easy to listen to. Im sitting here listening to her right now. I am a big country music fan and it is because of what their lyrics are about. So much music today is about love, just is told in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree! Her music is fun and for the younger generations. It really does target the "normal" teen girls that can relate to her stories in her songs. Even though she isn't that "normal" teen girl anymore, she probably once was, and can totally relate! I love her overall, and the article didn't change my opinion on her.

    ReplyDelete